Note: I will be updating this site DAILY with information such as notes packages, google form links, kahoot links for assessment, and ZOOM video conference times. I will do everything possible to ensure the continuity of learning in Data Collection and Analysis 35S. We will not be using Excel, but instead Google Sheets for remote learning.
In preparation for remote learning:
1. Download the Zoom app and create an account using your Gmail address.
2. Make arrangements with your parents to have one hour of computer access per day dedicated to DCA remote learning.
- Course Outline
- 2 week Outline (Mar 23 – Apr 9)
- Remote Learning Expectations (Important! Make sure you read it!)
- Google Pickup Drive (including all course notes and assignments)
- Handin Assignments (hand in your assignments by clicking on the link)
TODAY IN CLASS
You should schedule your DCA remote learning from 2:05-3:15 pm
(Period 5) every SECOND day starting on Monday, March 23. Look at the calendar below if you are not sure when to plan your remote learning period.
1. We are working on missing assignments this week.
April 20: (Due Wed, Apr 22 4:00 pm)
1. We are starting Google Sketchup today! (drum roll please…Yay!!)
2. Read the document Intro to Sketchup
3. Using page 7 of the Intro to Google Sketchup, follow the directions found in the tutorial to download and install the Sketchup Free software on your home computer.
4. Do the rest of the steps of the tutorial.
5. Submit the Sketchup file using the Assignment Handin Link (see above in Course information)
6. If you have any problems, please email me.
April 28: (Due Fri, May 1, 4:00 pm)
1. Log in and Go to your Google Drive and create a new folder called “models“. This is where you will save all your Sketchup Files.
2. Go and Log into your Sketchup for Schools account using your Gmail account at: http://edu.sketchup.com/app
3. First, Read the Guide for Saving, Opening, and Downloading Models for Sketchup for Schools
4. For this week, you will be watching and doing 2 Sketchup Video Tutorials (see step 5)
5. Video Tutorials for: Lesson 1 and Lesson 2
6. Once you are done, Download both of your .skp tutorial files to your computer by clicking on Folder->Download, choose 2020 and Click OK.
7. Submit by uploading both of your .skp files to the Assignment Handin Link form
1. Go to Teams app in www.office.com with your new Office username and password that I emailed you. As an option, I have put the Sketchup Lesson 2 into Assignments in the Teams app so you can hand it into Teams if you like.
2. Starting next Monday, I will be putting all Assignments on Teams and NOT on my website. Starting next Monday, I will also remove my Assignment Handin Link on this website.
May 4: (Due: Fri, May 8, 11:59 pm)
1. Go and Log into your Sketchup for Schools account using your Gmail account at: http://edu.sketchup.com/app
2. For the next couple of days, you will be watching and doing 2 Sketchup Video Tutorials.
3. Video Tutorials for: Lesson 3 and Lesson 4.
4. Once you are done, Download your .skp tutorial files to your computer by clicking on Folder->Download, choose 2020 and click OK.
5. Submit by uploading your .skp files to the Corresponding Assignment Name on Teams (DO NOT use the Assignment Handin Link!)